It allows creating Peer-to-Peer network (also called P2P CDN or P2PTV) for traffic sharing between users (peers) that are watching the same media stream live or VOD over HLS or MPEG-DASH protocols.
It significantly reduces traditional CDN traffic and cost while delivering media streams to more users.
Supports multiple HTML5 video players and engines:
Engines: Hls.js, Shaka Player
Players: JWPlayer, Clappr, Flowplayer, MediaElement, VideoJS
P2P Media Loader allows to save up to 80% of CDN traffic.
Supports live and VOD streams over HLS or MPEG-DASH protocols.
Supports adaptive bitrate streaming of HLS and MPEG-DASH protocols.
Free and open-source
All components of P2P network are available as open-source products:
- P2P Media Loader - https://github.com/novage/p2p-media-loader
- STUN server - open specification with multiple open-source implementations
- WebTorrent tracker - bittorrent-tracker, wt-tracker
No need in server-side software
By default P2P Media Loader uses publicly available servers:
- STUN servers - Public STUN server list
- WebTorrent trackers - https://openwebtorrent.com, https://tracker.novage.com.ua
For privacy reasons it is possible to run private instances of STUN server and WebTorrent tracker. In this case information about the P2P network and its peers will not be available to third parties.